Historic Sandown set to host 15 cars from Australian 5-Litre Touring Car Association
THE V8 Sleuth has been keeping tabs on the emerging Australian 5-Litre Touring Car Association for quite some time and assisting the group where possible.
Set up earlier in the year for owners of ex-V8 Supercars primarily of the pre-Project Blueprint era (1993-2002), the Association has been growing in numbers and will appear at Sandown this weekend as part of the big Historics meeting there.
A total of 15 cars have entered for the demo sessions on Saturday and Sunday with cars running on track for 20 minutes each day at 1.20pm.
Perhaps the headline car is the 1993 Larry Perkins-winning Commodore. Now in VS spec, it’s owned by Ian Cowley and has been racing in State Level racing in Victoria and has recently been advertised for sale.
The V8 Sleuth has been asked by a range of Sleuthers as to which cars will be there so here’s the list and who will have what there.
We’ve listed them in the order of the entries by the way.
1. Troy Kelly, Falcon EF (ex-Jones/Grice, 1995 Bathurst runner up)
2. Angelo Taranto, Falcon AU (ex-Glenn Seton, Ford Tickford Racing)
3. Steve Tate, Commodore VL TWR (Ampol Max 3, ex-Bob Jones)
4. Kane Fitzgerald, Commodore VS (ex-Ian Palmer, Hungry Jack’s)
5. Bruce Heinrich, Falcon AU (ex-Steve Ellery Supercheap Auto)
6. Craig Miles, Falcon AU, (ex-Paul Radisich Shell Helix DJR)
7. Milton Seferis, Commodore VT (ex Kmart Racing/Gibson)
8. Ian Cowley, Commodore VS (ex-Perkins 1993 Bathurst winner)
9. Troy Stapleton, Falcon EL (ex-Johnson Shell Helix DJR)
10. Milton Seferis, Commodore VT (ex-Smiths Trucks)
11. Kevin Stoopman, Falcon AU (ex-John Bowe CAT Racing)
12. Keith Linnell, Falcon EL (ex-Briggs Supercheap Auto)
13. Alan Nash, Commodore VS (ex-Truckie Parsons)
14. Mike Imrie, Commodore VT (ex-Steve Richards, Wynn’s/Gibson)
15. Ray Colenso, Falcon AU (ex-Marcos Ambrose, Pirtek SBR)