Who is with who – the driver pairing breakdown …
WHO is driving with who for this year’s Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000?
Gone are the days of race fans eagerly waiting for their favourite racing magazines to see who had entered with who and in what car when the Australian Racing Drivers Club published the Bathurst entry list in late August/early September.
Such is the way the modern Virgin Australia Supercars Championship works; most of the endurance combinations are locked in a long way out from the October classic.
At the moment there are four Bathurst 1000 rookies expected: Shae Davies, Matt Campbell, James Golding and Kiwi Richie Stanaway.
Volvo’s pairings are yet to be officially confirmed though many believe Scott McLaughlin will share with former team full-timer David Wall and rookie Golding will share with James Moffat.
Nick Percat will have Cameron McConville – who hasn’t raced a Supercar since Bathurst 2012 – as his partner for Sandown before British GT ace Oliver Gavin returns for Bathurst and the Gold Coast.
Dunlop Series team Eggleston Motorsport has purchased a New Generation Supercar – the Red Bull VF Commodore raced by Jamie Whincup for the first half of this season – and could also run a wildcard entry in the Bathurst event.
V8 Sleuth thought we’d put together a list of who is with who to refresh your brain in the wake of today’s launch of the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, which will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Peter Brock Trophy when it’s held on October 6-9 at Mount Panorama.
No. Drivers, Car
1. Mark Winterbottom/Dean Canto, The Bottle-O/PRA Falcon FG X
2. Garth Tander/Warren Luff, HRT Commodore VF
3. Andre Heimgartner/TBA, LDM Commodore VF
4. TBA/Shae Davies, Erebus Commodore VF
6. Cameron Waters/Jack Le Brocq, Monster/PRA Falcon FG FX
7. Todd Kelly/Matt Campbell, Carsales Nissan Altima
8. Jason Bright/Andrew Jones, BOC/BJR Commodore VF
9. David Reynolds/Craig Baird, Penrite/Erebus Commodore VF
12. Fabian Coulthard/Luke Youlden, DJR Team Penske Falcon FG X
14. Tim Slade/Ash Walsh, Freightliner/BJR Commodore VF
15. Rick Kelly/Russell Ingall, Sengled Nissan Altima
17. Scott Pye/Tony D’Alberto, DJR Team Penske Falcon FG X
18. Lee Holdsworth/Karl Reindler, Preston Hire Commodore VF
19. Will Davison/Jonathon Webb, TEKNO Commodore VF
21. Tim Blanchard/Macauley Jones, CoolDrive/BJR Commodore VF
22. James Courtney/Jack Perkins, HRT Commodore VF
23. Michael Caruso/Dean Fiore, NISMO Nissan Altima
33. Scott McLaughlin/David Wall *, Wilson Security GRM Volvo S60
34. James Moffat/James Golding *, Wilson Security GRM Volvo S60
55. Chaz Mostert/Steve Owen, Supercheap Auto Falcon FG X
88. Jamie Whincup/Paul Dumbrell, Red Bull Commodore VF
96. Dale Wood/David Russell, GB Galvanizing Nissan Altima
97. Shane van Gisbergen/Alex Premat, Red Bull Commodore VF
111. Chris Pither/Richie Stanaway, Super Black Falcon FG X
222. Nick Percat/Oliver Gavin, LDM Commodore VF
888. Craig Lowndes/Steve Richards, Vortex Commodore VF
TBC. Renee Gracie/Simona de Silvestro, Harvey Norman Supergirls